Let’s create a Virtual Kubernetes cluster with External Secrets installed in it in just 90 seconds with Klusternetes(KNTS)
External Secrets Operator is a Kubernetes operator that integrates external secret management systems like AWS Secrets Manager, HashiCorp Vault, Google Secrets Manager, Azure Key Vault, IBM Cloud Secrets Manager, and many more. The operator reads information from external APIs and automatically injects the values into a Kubernetes Secret.
Klusternetes is a platform that allows you to create a Kubernetes cluster in a few seconds. It also provides some of the leading DevOps tools as add-ons while creating your Cluster and provides a Service URL for add-ons that have UI.
- Login to the klusternetes App. If you don’t have an account in the Klusternetes app check here to create one.
- Click “Add cluster” in the top right corner, leading you to a cluster creation page. Fill in the necessary fields and select a medium cluster and click next.
- It will lead you to the Features page, go to the security section, and select External Secrets.
- Here comes the best feature of Klusternetes, we can edit the configuration of the add-ons. So, now click on “Edit configuration”
- You can change the replicaCount. If you want to edit more configurations you can click on Edit YAML at the top and can edit the field which you want.
- After editing the config, click on the “Save configuration” button and then click on the “Submit” Button.
- That’s it; you created a Klusternetes cluster with External Secrets installed in it. Now you can download the kubeconfig of the cluster by clicking on the download button. It will show you the command’s to download.
- You can get the download option even on your cluster list page. Click on “Done”. Now you will be on the main page of your account.
- Here is the list of clusters that you created and information about your cluster.
- Click on the “+” icon near your cluster to see two columns. One is for an overview of the cluster, and the other is for Add-ons.
- You can see the add-on status in Add on the column.
So, that’s how you can spin up a cluster with External Secrets within 90 seconds. Klusternetes also provide a lot of add-ons and is easy to understand.