Let’s create a Virtual Kubernetes cluster with Gitea installed in it in just 3 min with Klusternetes(KNTS)
Gitea is a forge software package for hosting software development version control using Git as well as other collaborative features like bug tracking, code review, kanban boards, tickets, and wikis. It supports self-hosting but also provides a free public first-party instance.
Klusternetes is a platform that allows you to create a Kubernetes cluster in a few seconds. It also provides some of the leading DevOps tools as add-ons while creating your Cluster and provides a Service URL for add-ons that have UI.
- Login to the klusternetes App. If you don’t have an account in the Klusternetes app check here to create one.
- Click “Add cluster” in the top right corner, leading you to a cluster creation page. Fill in the necessary fields and select a medium cluster and click next.
- It will lead you to the Features page, go to the Popular section and select Gitea.
- Here comes the best feature of Klusternetes, we can edit the configuration of the add-ons. So, now click on “Edit configuration”
- You can change the gitea.admin.username, gitea.admin.password, mysql.enabled, maridb.enabled, postgresql.enabled and replicaCount. If you want to edit more configurations you can click on Edit YAML at the top and can edit the field which you want.
- After editing the config, click on the “Save configuration” button and then click on the “Submit” Button.
- That’s it; you created a Klusternetes cluster with Loki installed in it. Now you can download the kubeconfig of the cluster by clicking on the download button. It will show you the command’s to download.
- You can get the download option even on your cluster list page. Click on “Done”. Now you will be on the main page of your account.
- Here is the list of clusters that you created and information about your cluster. You can even see the “Service URL”.
- Click on the “+” icon near your cluster to see two columns. One is for an overview of the cluster, and the other is for Add-ons.
- You can get the Service URL and the add-on status in Add on the column.
So, that’s how you can spin up a cluster with Gitea within 3 min. Klusternetes also provide a lot of add-ons and is easy to understand.