Let’s create a Virtual Kubernetes Cluster with Cert Manager installed in it in just 50 seconds with Klusternetes(KNTS)
cert-manager adds certificates and certificate issuers as resource types in Kubernetes clusters and simplifies the process of obtaining, renewing, and using those certificates.
Klusternetes is a platform that allows you to create a Kubernetes cluster in a few seconds. It also provides some of the leading DevOps tools as add-ons while creating your Cluster and provides a Service URL for add-ons that have UI.
- Login to the klusternetes App. If you don’t have an account in the Klusternetes app check here to create one.
- Click “Add cluster” in the top right corner, leading you to a cluster creation page. Fill in the necessary fields and select a medium cluster and click next.
- It will lead you to the Features page, go to the security section, and select cert-manager.
- After adding the addon, click on the “Submit” Button.
- That’s it; you created a Klusternetes cluster with Cert Manager installed in it. Now you can download the kubeconfig of the cluster by clicking on the download button. It will show you the command’s to download.
- You can get the download option even on your cluster list page. Click on “Done”. Now you will be on the main page of your account.
- Here is the list of clusters that you created and information about your cluster. You can even see the “Service URL”.
- Click on the “+” icon near your cluster to see two columns. One is for an overview of the cluster, and the other is for Add-ons.
- You can see the add-on status in Add on the column.
So, that’s how you can spin up a cluster with Cert Manager within 50 seconds. Klusternetes also provide a lot of add-ons and is easy to understand.